Software Engineer - NLogic
Are you looking to work in a collaborative environment using agile methodologies? NLogic's development team encourages continuous education and are seeking individuals who are passionate in machine learning, blockchain and all the latest technologies!
We are a small team at an established company developing new cloud-based, data-oriented products. Working with us you get the flexibility and decision making speed of a startup, with the benefit and security of a stable organization.
Looking for a change or a new start? We are growing and are always interested in meeting new, enthusiastic individuals who share our passion for data.
You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of technical and business problems, which may include campaign analytics, predictive analysis, natural language processing and social media data to create a robust suite of audience measurement and analysis tools. This is an exciting time to join the company as it transforms itself to deliver superior customer service, information insights, and analytics to its clients.
NLogic is Canada's leading provider of audience analysis tools for the TV and radio broadcast industry, media agencies, and many other clients large and small. At the heart of what we do is helping our clients make sense of audiences. Our passion is to create quicker and easier ways to find out what, where and when audiences are watching and listening.
- Microsoft development stack, including .Net Framework, C#, SQL Server
- Agile software development process
- Knowledge of and experience with various aspects of software development
- Strong attention to detail with ability and willingness to continuously improve
- TDD - Integration Testing
Experience and education requirements
- Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent university degree or college diploma
- 2+ years of experience in Software Development or Engineering
Nice to have skills and knowledge
- Parallel/multithreaded algorithms and processing methods
- Deep understanding of algorithms (including computational complexity) and data structures
- Understanding of distributed processing methods
- Machine learning and predictive analytics
- Microsoft Azure or other cloud service platforms
- User interface/user experience design
- Scripting languages
- Testing frameworks
- Key-value stores, NoSQL databases
- Utilize software engineering tools to design, develop, and maintain software products and provide reliable solutions using sound Software Engineering techniques
- Collaborate and share knowledge through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Estimate level of effort, participate in planning activities, evaluate new technology, offer suggestions to improve processes
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other NLogic associates in cross functional teams
- Have positive attitude towards learning and continuous improvement, as well as strong attention to detail with ability and willingness to correct errors
What's in it for you
- Projects - Opportunity to work on exciting projects and make an impact on the broadcast industry
- Work-life balance - In addition to a flexible summer hours program, we offer paid days off during the holiday closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Competitive benefits package and group savings and retirement program
- Education reimbursement - For those wishing to pursue additional professional development, funding of up to $1000 per year is available through our education reimbursement program
NLogic is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the People and Culture department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.